Students are supported every step of the way through their application to university.
are near the end of their UCAS application journey. Sixth Form staff will be available at school on A Level Results morning for UCAS & Clearing meetings and advice - 17 August 2017, 10.30am -12pm.
As we approach the Year 12 exams, we wanted to update you on the next steps for Year 12 students and remind you of some forthcoming events.
It is now time to look at what university or apprenticeships offer, as a choice after Sixth Form. Our Parents’ UCAS Information & Apprenticeship Evening was on Thursday 8 June 2017. Please see the link below for the presentation. Please click on the link below to find out more about university options, so much has changed in just the last few years.
- Did you know that of the Times Top 100 companies the vast majority do not favour particular universities or indeed subject choices – they just want you to have a good degree grade?
- Did you know that there are many websites that can tell you in detail the job prospects from different courses?
- Did you know that some universities offer one year placements which really do prepare students for the world of work?
Do come and find out more about:
- The UCAS application process
- The graduate jobs market
- Key hints and tips on making good choices
- How to make the most of university
The evening also outlined our Destinations Week (10 - 13 July 2017). Destinations Week is a series of workshops and events planned for Year 12 to help them make the transition to Year 13 then university, jobs or other routes.
Key Dates 2017
|26 June & 7 July||INSET Days - no students in school.|
|3 July||Y12 students return to school for lessons.|
|10 July - 13 July||Destinations Week – compulsory for all Y12 students. Students will be expected to be in school from 8.30am to 3pm Monday - Thursday.|
|13 July||Last day of term for Y12|
|17 August||(Thursday) – 12:30 – 2pm AS Results day and new Year 13 Enrolment Day|
Click the link below to view the PowerPoint presentation from the UCAS Information Evening in 2016.
The Sixth Form Team