Everyone is welcome to get involved with The Friends of The Charter School. Just come along and join in!
It is a great way to meet other parents, and support the school. We are all parents/carers and we get together to plan events to support the school and help raise funds. It is quite informal and you can join in as much or as little as your like.
Our monthly meetings are friendly and open to all. They are usually held at 6.30pm at The Charter School. The meetings this half term are:
- Monday 27th February 2017, 6:30pm in The White House next to the back gate (sports hall entrance) of the school.
- Wednesday 29th March, 6:30pm at the Workshop at the Half Moon Pub (Herne Hill crossroads)
Thanks to everyone who has helped out throughout the year.This year we have raised nearly £10,000, helped make school events more festive and most importantly helped the fantastic staff at The Charter School to enrich our children's education by supporting:
- Year 12 art students to learn print making and create art works for the school using Year 8 illustrations.
- An art mentoring project and exciting art installation
- The skateboard club making and painting their own boards
- Year 8 outward bound trip
- Ground works for the new 'Reading Garden'
- New school chairs for the School hall.
...and our children are still bouncing on the trampolines, camping in the tents, and getting to sports fixtures in the minibus that the Friends helped to buy last year.
We have held the Christmas Fair, quiz evening, supported the art exhibition, sports awards evening and sports day - and more. Why not get involved? We need a new secretary, sponsorship co-ordinator and willing volunteers. We are planning more social activities, supporting a cleaning and painting party for the front of the school, new trees and plants. Every little helps.
Our monthly meetings are open to all parents and carers at the school who would like to find out more about what we do, help out and meet other parents. We look forward to seeing you there.
Catherine Nicholson, Chair, The Friends
Catherine Nicholson on 07817948871 or email@example.com